Monday, May 24, 2010

How many people have been killed by Giraffes?

I'm really curious, but I havent been able to find out anywhere!
Answers:
I don't know, but I found an article about a giraffe killing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/.

~Kyle
Maybe because they're haven't been a Giraffe killings !!
i think fairy cakes have killed more people than giraffes
I don't think many.They are fairly gentle creatures.In the wild,giraffes are hunted by many other animals.
lol Fairy Cakes have killed more people than giraffes, yall are funny!
ummm giraffes dont kill people! they more or less kill them selves when the fall and break their ribs!!
I Have.

So theres 1 !!
World-wide giraffe-related death statitstics (in which a giraffe directly or indirectly caused death to a human being) by year:

1996 - 0 deaths
1997 - 0 deaths
1998 - 0 deaths
1999 - 0 deaths
2000 - 0 deaths
2001 - 0 deaths
2002 - 0 deaths
2003 - 0 deaths
2004 - 0 deaths
2005 - 0 deaths
I think that they get killed and do not kill. They are very gentle animals, but I don't know for sure.
367
Actually, my great uncle Bert got killed by a giraffe. He was standing under one while teaching his toy poodle to sit. Unfortunately, the giraffe had already been to obedience school.
Probably only slightly more than those killed by butterflies
One nearly killed me, I went into the giraffe house, as I walked through the door its head was two inches from mine - and that bloody tongue!
A giraffe killed my father, and his father before him, and his father before him, and his father before him..


very violent creatures, giraffes..
A giraffe once got pissy with me, he spat at me and tried to knock me with his head. I don't know what I did wrong to upset him?
I could guess, but I'd only be sticking my neck out!

Actually you could try ringing/mailing the Natural History Museum, London Zoo, someone like that.

2 comments:

  1. At least one person has, in 2010: http://www.forteantimes.com/strangedays/strangedeaths/4321/do_not_disturb_ever.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. the comments are so stupid, Giraffes are NOT gentle creatures you read about in book, they have and do kill humans , but ok ill challenge anyone to SA to see for yourself

    ReplyDelete