Monday, May 24, 2010

How many horse lovers?

If you love a horse tell me because i have 2 and one just had cancer in his eye and we had to remove it. he dosent even look the same anymore i just wish he had 2 eyes instead of one.
Answers:
I have a friend that I ride with who's horse has lost one eye and is in process of losing the other. He is a little limited, but he manages to keep up with us very well. We go out on different trail rides, and as long as there's another horse, you would never known that he couldn't see. His other senses will compensate some. GIve him lots of love.
i love a horsees
I have 10 horses and I love them dearly..My mother had a horse with cancer in both eyes and we had to remove both.yes he looked differant but he was still the same loveable dude. We rode him and enjoyed him we were is eyes for him..he did great!
i never ride a horse but i would like to and own one as well
Oh ,that's just terrible..sorry.
is this some sort of question or just a Babel on your part?
I use to live on a 40 acre ranch with 8 horses, this lifestyle rules, city sucks ,its boring and their is nothing to do but go to restaraunts and idiots who think their cool because they have a job. Yah it hurts when a horse is crippiled.
I love horses and sure would be happy to have even one! Be happy you have those horses, wether they have eyes or not do you love them less?? Pretty shallow, sorry :( Be happy and thank God he is still alive!
Just because he looks different doesn't mean you should love him any less. He's going to miss his eye a lot less than you would miss him if he had to be put down. Part of maturity is learning to accept differences in the ones we love. I've had a dog with one eye and many other people have had pets and family members who have lost a leg or become deaf or blind as they get older.
We have horses and have been around them almost all my life.
Your horse will adapt to his loss of an eye. But be very care full about approaching him/her from the now blind side. They will be almost totally sightless from that side now, and you will notice them turning there head a lot now so they can see. The horse will adapt to having one eye, but will you adapt to the horses needs? Good Luck
hi i love horses i had 5 and one had a eye removed it was very wierd but they are just them same it just takes a while to get use to but hey the horse it the same horse that you fell in love with just love him and treat him the same as you would if he had 2 eyes he will pick up on you if you treat him different which will make him feel different like there is something wrong just love him he is the same horse just now with one eye you can still ride him trust me the horse will still be the same after he gets use to having one eye.
If u really love your horse u wouldnt mind what it looks like.
i love horses---
zippy, billy, socks, baby lizzy, tonnie, classic, doubles, %26%26 winsor
3 of my own, 5 boarding here. Magnum, Risky (Love ya ol' girl), Cheyyenne, and Tonga, Deck, Vaquaro, Curley and Jet.
I know it looks different to see your darling horse with just one eye-same if we lost an eye. But remember that your horse needs your love, attention and care more now than ever before. It'll take a while for him to adjust to his environment again. Take him for walks and reteach his pasture obstacles to him. Soon, he'll be able to cope just fine with just the one eye. I had a mare who lost an eye during a breeding session. The vet sewed the opening closed and she never looked the same-but I loved her just the same. She was a wonderful brood mare-always knew exactly where her foals were laying and never stepped on one of them. So don't worry-at least you have a healthy horse. You did the right thing. Soon, you will not even notice his missing eye. Good luck sweetie.
Oh, the poor baby. I love horses, have all my life, we have 3. Molls, Tallassee and Daliah. T- Saddle-bred, D- Mustang %26 1/2 Quarter Horse and Morgan. M- Quarter Horse.
They are one of the best pets/companions to have. They are also good therapy. Tallassee's my girl.
I love horses too! Years ago.a lifetime ago really.I got my degree in Animal Husbandry Horses from a State Ag and Tech college.

I worked on a standardbread Horse farm while I was going through college then, when I graduated I worked for an Equine Insurance Agency.

It was interesting work. I started out typing policies but quickly moved to the claims department where I was responsible for gathering the information to support or deny claims.

I would come back from lunch and have to open the mail which always included several necropsy reports.a bit grewsome. You would be amazed at how many evil people out there kill their horses in cruel ways to get the insurance money. I prefer to think of the other nice people in sad situations who I helped get a fair settlement.

One night.I was on call duty.I received a call from a woman in tears.she raised minature horses and her barn was buring down. He son had recieved severe burns on his back. He had been trying to save some of the horses and the tar from the roof had dripped down on him. They had 4 badly burned horses they needed to put down and I had to grant them the permission to euthanise this poor creatures. It was heart breaking. It was nice to be able to send them a large check so they could begin rebuilting thier business though. It could never replace the animals they loved and lost but at least they could keep their farm.


ANYWAY! The point of the tale is this. If you love horses there are lots of different jobs you can do to be invlolved in the industry. There are many colleges who have Equine Studies as a major. Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment