Monday, May 24, 2010

how many of you have hermit crabs?

iam a new owner of a hermit crab by way of my daughter who just had to have him guess who ended up with him or it if you will there really cool getting a new 1 in the morning
Answers:
AWESOME, make sure to give him stuff to climb on, and an array of new shells and all that, and a light for them to get warmth so they're more active, have fun!
I've had 3..and yes, they're pretty cool. Make sure you have 'new' shells in the cage for it also..so when the time comes, it can find a new "house".
I have 2 of the little critters.One is so small that I have to dig through the sand to find it for it's weekly bath.
Great!! I hope you enjoy these docile creatures. They are really fun to watch. As the first two have indicated, get stuff for them to climb on and 'new' shells and a fairly large terrarium. They have a wide variety of these specifically designed for Hermits in Wal*Mart, if you are in the US or Canada! If not, there are other pet outlets you can try.
We got started with hermit crabs for my daughters 8th birthday. That was July 2004. We currently have 58 of them, spread out in 2 tanks.

Sabrina
58 hermies since July 2004 and 1 Raccoon May 2006. RIP BANDIT
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/oimsofunny.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hermieswap.
well i don't have one but i think they are really cool, and thanks for choosing me as a best answer! But i want one know that i have heard about it sounds exotic and different
I started the hermit crab craze in our family 2 1/2 years ago. Got two that reminded us of our kids on our anniversary. Now we have 44. My daughter has 5 and I have 39. Check out the yahoo group in the link below. You will learn everything you need to know with them and the other link is to a great group that sells hermit crab stuff cheaper then you can find in stores. Good luck and always have at least 2 crabs at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment