Monday, May 24, 2010

how many goats are there in Wales?


Answers:
Not quite sure but i think one of them came runner up in BB7. Oh no sorry that was Glynn my mistake.
Not too sure. i heard it is only the sheep the welsh are interested in. lol
Erm.dont you mean sheep?
I found this information but it is for 2002 so a little outdated

Cattle and Calves - 1268000
Sheep and Lambs - 10050000
Pigs - 44000
Fowl - 5988000

Goats arent listed though so I'm not sure.

There are obviously a lot of welsh goat products, cheese and items made from the hair of goats but apparently goats aren't listed as official agricultural livestock so it seems unlikely to me that there is any accurate figure published by the government or any agricultural boards.

I'd say myself it was in the region of less than 1000 but sorry it's just a guess!
A Lot
Have a look at this map. From this I would estimate the total to be about 15000. http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/diseases.

No comments:

Post a Comment