Friday, July 31, 2009

How Easy Is It To Get Rats To Stay On Your Shoulder If You Walk Down The Road Or Hang Out At The Park?

And How Well Does It Work? My Mate Did It With Her Rat But I'd Be Scared It Would Jump Off And Run Away!
Answers:
I put my rats on my shoulder and walk with them that way all the time. I also take them outside that way, but I would be careful about taking them to a park. A lot of people like to take their dogs to the park and if you aren't paying attention then the dog could attack your rat if it's on the ground. I let my rats run around while I'm outside, they don't run off, but I always keep an eye out for dogs and squirrels. Also, you want to keep them far away from the road if you are going to let them on the ground, those boogers can run fast and if you have more than one it's even worse because you'll be watching one and the other might disappear in another direction. It doesn't take long for them to get hurt.

Also, rats don't really jump off of people's shoulders. They don't have very good vision and depth perception. They might run down your shoulder and on your arm and possibly try to shimmy down your body to the ground (mine do this occasionally), but I've never had one try to jump off of my shoulder.
That all depends on how well trained your rat is and how comfortable you both are with the rat being there. I walk round my house with my rat on my shoulder with my cats around me but i wouldnt fancy walking down the street with her!
Glue traps are the best method to trap rats and mice. I found detailed information at http://pests.in

No comments:

Post a Comment