Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do you know if your a true animal lover?

I am an extreme animal lover. But sometimes I question if i truly am.Only because I am not a vegetarian. How do you know if you are a true animal lover?

P.s I want to go to college to study animal behavier and I am against animal cruelty like krazy!
Answers:
I don't think you HAVE to be a vegitarian to be an animal lover. I am an animal lover. I love all animals, but your question is very true- What defines a TRUE animal lover. I think it depends on the person.
You have sex with them
I know in my heart that I am an animal lover to the max!! I love all animals, but dogs are my favorite. I hate to hear stories of animal abuse. I take in abandoned dogs and find them homes. My chihuahuas are my life. I am not a vegetarian either, but that doesn't stop me from loving animals.
people are vegitarians because they dont like the way the slaughter houses treat them before death. i am one of them. its pure toture! Humans are omnivores. we eat meat and plants. its totally natural for people to love animals and to eat them. dont worry. you just keep fighting for those little guys!
If no one else knew your contributions to animal welfare,and could not own an animal of your own would you still be as commit ed? I asked myself this question, and my answer is Yes. Also, humans are omnivores, we are supposed to eat all kind of matter, it is how we evolved into higher beings. Vegetarianism is a choice not a prerequisite for animal lovers. Go easy on yourself!
The way you eat is no 1. and the way the dress is no 2.
I know I am an extreme animal lover because.
I was reading the other night and I had my dog at my feet, a huge cat on my stomach and another cat under my right arm.
I know I am, because I teach my children to be kind to animals and help take care of animals.
I volunteer at the local shelter, walking dogs and I buy blankets and towels at garage sales for the local shelter, so the dogs are comforted.
I'm not a vegetarian, and I'm not a hunter or anything, but I think even hunters can be animal lovers. A responsible hunter will obtain a permit, and "harvest" so that there isn't an overpopulation, which would lead to starvation and illness in the animals.
Being an animal lover, is all about respect. So to be a true extreme animal lover, you must respect animals.
In my case, you know when you are willing to climb into a garbage dumpster to rescue a ragged little kitten and then pay the pet emergency hospital almost $300 to fix her up, only to have her still be so timid 3 years later that she rarely comes out of the kitchen cabinets except to eat, use the box, or give me a little love, which I eat up.
I love that little girl. Even though no one but the vet believes she exists because they never see her.
a true animal lover puts the needs of the animal ahead of their own desires - that means that you may WANT a pet wolf but you realize its not in the best interest of a wolf to be a PET..
you may want a pet dog, but you realize you are not at that stage of your life where having a dog is to the advantage of the dog.

you would only consider getting a pet from an adoption/rescue and would willingly take an adult or older animal rather than the cutest little kitten/puppy..

you love the cat more than the sofa
etc
I'm an animal lover too, even if I'm not vegetarian. You know you are an animal lover if you care for animals, help them, petition against cruelty, and would basically do anything for one. You don't have to be obsessed with them though.
because you couldn't imagine your life without a pet to love and care for
i am against animal cruelty but i am not a vegetarian either
I am a animal lover but I'm not a vegetarian person. So I don't know do I a true animal lover as well. But if you let choose my hubby and my pets. I will choose my pets. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment