Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do you raise/reproduce ladybugs?

Two years ago my 18 year old baby brother died. My mom, myself, and my sister all mentioned to eachother about the ladybugs that seemed to surround us at this sad time. So now, ladybugs are somewhat spiritual or symbolic of the love we all had for my brother. I came up with the idea of raising ladybugs (if at all possible) and then letting them all fly away either on his birthday every year or every anniversary of his passing. Can anyone tell me how to breed ladybugs? How do they live? What do they eat? What kind of tank or container should they live in? What should the temperature of their environment be like? Should I just catch 5 or 10 and put them together and just hope I've caught at least one of each sex? What are my chances of successfully being able to raise ladybugs? Thank you for your help.
Answers:
There are mail order sites that sell ladybug kits. Along with the beetles, they provide food and instructions on how to care for them. And they are not all that expensive.
These sites will answer every question you ever had about ladybugs!
i wouldn't catch as many as 10.they eat grass and the container needs to be big.there has to be grass in the container at all times.they need air and SUN light.
You can buy a kit and hope that its not a ripoff.

http://www.butterfly-gifts.com/2005-lady.
Well, you will need to put it in a large container. The containers needs to have grass, leaves,so on. You know, to make it look like its enviroment. Try to catch more than one so that it would not be lonely. Try to take good care of it. And for the container, you have to have a container that it can fly in. Try to punch holes in the container so it could breathe. That is all I know. Well, good luck with your ladybugs.
im sorry about your little brother. go to a homedepo thats close to you,they usually sell them so people can get rid of afids. ask the people there about afids %26 where to get them. i know that they(the afids) love tomatto plants.
;)
well if you come to my house right now there are TONS of them all over the place.
you can have them!

I am sorry to hear about your brother's death, but it is also nice that there is something nice to remember about it.

1 comment:

  1. Great Story! New blog on the Hx. of the Ladybug:
    http://historyoftheladybug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete