Saturday, May 22, 2010

how long will my chickens live?

i have 5 americuna(easter) chickens that i got this spring. they just started to lay eggs about 1 week ago.
Answers:
I raised chickens for an agriculture show a while back, but we raised them to get as big as possible as fast as possible in order to "make the sell", so many of mine died. I would usually start with 30 and end up with about 20 or so after only a few months. However, I was fairly harsh on them (not letting them sleep much, giving them electrolytes and other proteins in order to bulk up the breast). Not exactly sure what breed mine were, but they were white.

This site estimates the Americana will live for about 2 years.
until i make myself a chicken salad!!
LOL
A long time as long as you aren't prone to choking your chicken
about 4 to 6 years
As long as you take care of it

No comments:

Post a Comment